Monday, June 6, 2016

Erik's sense of humor

Erik is my quiet kid.
But he loves a good joke and handles sarcasm really well.

Yesterday, he cracked me up with his quiet humor.

He had a soccer game, at a local field we don't play at often.
It's in a small "town" called Hollywood.

On our way there, Erik asked casually, " Mom, am I on travel soccer?"
He has try outs for this coming up.
I said,  "No, why?  Your try-outs are later this week."
He responds, " Well, then why do I have to travel so far for my soccer game. You said it was in Hollywood (referencing Hollywood, CA)."

Hahaha!  Good one buddy.

A few minutes later, as we pulled into the soccer field, he reads the sign that says, " Hollywood Soccer Complex."

Instead of reading the word complex as a noun; he read/ennunciated it as an adjective.    He did this as a joke and said, "Yep.  Guess this place really is complex." 

Silly guy!  Love it when his sense of humor surfaces. 

No comments: