Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sweet and Sassy

Lainey can be my sweetest kid or my sassiest kid.    Here's an example of both...

1) Yesterday morning, just before Erik and Lainey headed out for the bus I had put Kyle in his crib for a nap.  He was screaming and howling but I was trying to get the kitchen cleaned up.  I asked Lainey if she would go upstairs and read him a book.  She happily ran upstairs to help him.  After a few minutes I heard her come back downstairs.  I couldn't hear him shrieking anymore so I asked her if she'd given him his "plug."   She said, "Yes, he has his plug.  But, Mom!  I was singing to him and he fell asleep."    Oh she is a sweet, sweet sister.

2) But she has a bit of sass to her too.  This morning she got dressed for school.  She was wearing brown pants and a brown sweater (that's how she matches things).  Well, this would be fine except that it was going to be 85+ degrees out today.  So, I told her she needed to go back upstairs and put on summer clothes.  She wasn't happy about this but did go back upstairs.  Not without a glare and defiant comment, " Well, then I'm going to take a really long time."   Okay, honey!    About 10 minutes later she comes back downstairs, dressed in the exact same outfit she wore yesterday and a expression that clearly said, " I'll show you Mom."   Ha!  I wonder if her teachers noticed that she had the same thing on today. 

No comments: