Saturday, June 7, 2014

Notable Quotes: Children!

1)  Last night, Erik and Lainey were goofing around after we put them to bed. They share a room and although they almost always go to bed nicely every once they dink around. We let whoever is being less disruptive stay up until the noisy one is sleeping. So after listening to them goof around last night I went in and told Erik he could come out and read books until Lainey fell asleep. Lainey immediately burst into tears and cried, "But Mom, Erik was playing dodge ball too!" Hahaha! Dodge ball with their stuffed animals instead of sleeping. I gave them a second chance and both were asleep within 5 minutes.

2) Me to Lainey: "Lainey, is there anything better in this world than tiny babies?" (She's my baby loving girl.)
Lainey: "Yes!"
Me: (Sounding shocked) WHAT is better than a baby?!
Lainey: Big Sisters! 


Hahaha!  Smart little bugger!  I agree, big sisters are pretty awesome!

3) Carson stumbled downstairs for breakfast.   He told Victor, "Daddy, I'm hungry."  (pause) "Mommy, made me black toast."  

I had burnt his toast about 3 days prior to that conversation and apparently he was worried his Daddy might do the same.  

4) On our way home from soccer today, we passed a car that had two kayaks tied on top.   I asked Erik and Lainey if they wanted to go kayaking someday.  Erik, who kayaked last year at camp, ethusiastically replied, "Yes!  I love kayaking!"   

Lainey, whined and groaned.  "No way.  I hate kayaking.  I do not want to go kayaking."  

I said, " Well, okay then.  If we go kayaking someday we can leave you home with the babysitter and little boys."  

A few minutes later she says, " Mom, what is kayaking?!"  


Oh my dear Lainey.  The teenage years are going to be fun!  

 

No comments: