Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day!

I had such a nice Mother's Day this year!  The kids are old enough to be super excited about parties and Victor did a good job of helping them make this day special!

I woke up to homemade chocolate chip pancakes and strawberries dipped in chocolate.  Yum!


 Very cooperative kids.





The kids each selected gifts for me from target.  I got a Navy blue Romper from Lainey.  A (short) white dress from Erik, a reading light and books from Carson, and a gift card to Chic-fil-a from Kyle.



I'm pretty sure I haven't worn a romper since 1985 but apparently they are back in style.  I actually wore the romper, along with a necklace Lainey had picked out for me for my birthday, to church this morning.

We were able to get cute photos today using the "magic" camera (timer).  I hope to make that a yearly tradition.



Erik's teacher's had the kids each make a book.  I loved it!












Our day was pretty quiet - breakfast in bed, church, spring cleaning the closets, homemade peanut butter cake with LOTS of sprinkles, 5 mile run/bike ride with Erik.   I am so thankful for my four kids and pray I never spend a Mother's Day without one of them here on earth.  My heart was heavy for my mom today who had to do that for the first time.  I made sure to hug my kids a little bit tighter thinking about my friends and family members who are missing their sweet babes. 

No comments: