Saturday, June 25, 2011

Wisconsin Pride



I am a good dairy cow! 

With each baby I have had a surplus of milk.
When Erik was about 6 weeks old I saw a news clip 

Since then I have pumped once a day (when nursing my own babies of course)
with the intent to donate my extra milk. 

The first and third times I have donated to IBMP.  
The second time I donated to a milk bank in North Carolina.
From the first two babies I was able to donate 1600 ounces each time (3200 total). 

This time I will probably top that as 3 months post-delivery I have 
about 800 ounces waiting to be shipped.

I know this is an odd topic but I really think it is a valuable gift
that is easy to give and hopefully benefits not only the orphans in
Africa but also the tiny preemies in our NICU! 

I challenge any of my friends who are currently nursing or will be 
sometime in the future to consider donating your extra milk. 

It's free to you, easy to set up, and only adds about 10 minutes to your day.
If you have any questions let me know!  

The kids and I are off to the dairy state this afternoon! 
Hopefully, they will let us past the border even if the 3 kids 
go crazy on the flight!  
Wish me luck!  


P.S.  I know not everyone is "lucky" enough to have an abundant supply of milk so this is not possible for all nursing moms to consider!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

well done, ann! not every mom can nurse, and what a gift you are giving to babies somewhere, either domestically or abroad. you are awesome!

:) liz

Kristal said...

Ann, I've always admired you for doing this, but I had no idea HOW MUCH milk you have been able to donate. That's awesome. I believe it is an invaluable gift you're giving to some of God's precious little babies who absolutely need it. Good for you. I'm so proud of you, and hopefully this post will encourage someone else to do it, too.

Karen and John said...

Fabulous job, Ann!!! I wish I had known you were doing this and I would have done it with you while I was nursing. I hated pumping, but would have been glad to do so for other little ones who needed it! BTW...where is the bank in NC?? I may know another mom who could donate!