Sunday, April 5, 2009

Who's got spirit?

Last week was a long one for me. Erik and I were both sick with bad colds, I felt irritated because I didn't see Victor much, frustrated because Erik threw a million tantrums, and we were stuck at home as we didn't want to infect our friends and it rained a lot. By Friday night I was done. I left the house as soon as Victor walked in. I went to dinner and read, "The Happiest Toddler On the Block," with hopes to figure out how to limit Erik's tantrums. I think it is going to be really helpful. However, I am sure I will be up for more challenges as it seems Erik falls into the category of Spirited (other choices were Easy and Shy temperaments). I am sure my parents feel that is justice as I am certain I fall in the same category!

Erik and my cold are almost gone and I have had a nice weekend. I was able to spend some time alone, sometime as a family, and had some one on one time with Victor. It was also sunny and 65 all weekend which helps.

Here are a couple pictures of my silly, spirited boy....



Don't worry we don't let Erik run around with nooses around his neck -- at least not without direct supervision. He just likes to be like Dada.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Erik, your smile makes Grandma happy. You're a fun little boy :)

Kristal said...

I know I always offer unsolicited advice, but I LIVE by Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood. I'm not a. Bog fan of Happiest Toddler. I promise you'll love it if you get it.