Saturday, August 13, 2016

Grandparent Camp

This is the first summer I haven't been back to Wisconsin since moving out east 9 years ago.  I really enjoy going home in the summer, but this year, our trip to KS/NE took place of that.   Mom and Dad pitched the idea of having Erik and Lainey come out on their own.  This meant they had to fly on their own!  Luckily, they love to fly and that idea didn't phase them at all.

They had a great week with Mom and Dad.  Here are a few photos from their week of fishing, go-carting, painting, swimming, baking, etc.  They had a wonderful time and weren't homesick at all!












The little boys and I had a nice time at home too.  It was fun to let Carson 'be in charge" for a little bit.  He is a homebody, so didn't want to anything too big.  He is just happy to stay home and play (my sweet boy!).  We went bowling, went out to eat, went to the pool, played at a local beach. 

It was a great week for all of us, I'm thankful for my kids loving grandparents! (Grandma Sandy too!)


No comments: