Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Kyle - 18 months

Kyle is a couple days shy of 18 months!

We've had a good month with our little bugger.

Kyle has a hilarious sense of humor.  He is  all about the "potty talk."  He farts and burps on purpose and then laughs and laughs about it.   One morning while I was getting dressed, he ran over to me, pointed at my butt and shouted, "Poop!"  then threw his head back and laughed.   Even though he is the youngest of four, none of my other kids have really ever seemed so amused by bodily functions.  He seems to have stumbled upon this on his own.  Of course, we find it quite humorous which I'm sure encourages him a bit.

Kyle is very, very verbal.   He repeats almost everything we say.    Yesterday, he said more than once, "Sit, back down!"  He is also musical.  He sings along with music and seems to be able to carry a beat.  If I sing a short rhythm at him, he will sing it back to me.    So interesting!

He is still my sensitive little boy.  He has done so much better this month and seems happier overall.  We are still using the pack n' play as a place for him to get a break.  He protests at times, but usually it seems comforting to him.      He still loves to be held, but will get down and play independently  for 10-20 minutes at a time a few times a day.    He has stopped crying when I leave him with our sitter on my work days, which is a relief.   She is wonderful but it never feels good to leave your baby screaming hysterically.   Poor little guy. 

He has opinions.  If he doesn't get what he wants, we all know about it because he screams.  Really loudly.  And it is on purpose!  I have now seen him look at him, scowl in disgust at whatever it was he didn't like, then open his mouth and let out a banshee level war cry.  Haha!    I have started utilizing Counscious Discipline techniques on him.  It helps teach people to self-regulate their emotions and I find it helpful.

He is independent.   Despite his desire to be held a lot he is independent.   He refuses to let anyone feed him anymore which is pretty cute!  He tries to buckle his own car seat.  He can't do it yet, which is very disappointing for the little guy. 


He is busy!!  He is constantly on the go.  Climbing, jumping, running.   Even when being held, he loudly insists that whoever have him keep going.   There is no sitting with this baby.   Haha!  He loves being outside so it is making me long for spring when I will be able to spend hours outside with him each day, when I am home.

 He is affectionate.  He still gives us little love pats on our arms through out the day.   He will give me big kisses on demand.   He loves to lay on Carson and give him love pats after Caron's naps.  So sweet.

Kyle, my sweet little guy!  You are my sidekick and I love you!  We've had a fun month and I can't wait to see your little personality continue to emerge. 
 Hiding from the camera!
 Matchy match - on accident
 Silly baby blowing raspberries at me
 Walking around with thermometers
in his mouth (we've had viruses in our house this month)
 I feed myself!
Still have a few of these moments each day, poor guy!

1 comment:

The Mahoney's said...

He is seriously adorable! And you are right he seems to be cut from the same cloth as my youngest. So funny (unless they are screaming...). You have a very beautiful family!!!