Sunday, November 23, 2014

Fun Runs

The past two weekends we have participated in two local races as a family.   Erik and Lainey were part of a running club that met once a week this fall.  Most of the kids that participated in that club also ran in a kids race last weekend.

There were two options - either a 5K or 1 mile.  Erik and I (and Kyle) ran the 5K.  My sweet little runner crossed the finish line in 31 minutes!  It was a VERY hilly course so I was quite impressed!

Lainey, Carson and Victor did the 1 mile race together.  Lainey cried off and on, Carson ran happily.

This weekend, there was a fun run at the kids school.  There was a 1 or 2 mile option, untimed.  Erik, Kyle and I ran the two miles - around 20 minutes, but not sure exactly.

Victor, Lainey, and Carson took the 1 mile option.  Unfortunately, Lainey and Carson got tangled up during the first 10 feet.  Carson pouted most of the race, walking a fair portion of it.  Lainey, after a whiny race last weekend, was determined to beat Carson this time (ha!) so she ran most of it happily.

I love, love, love having a fairly fit active family!  I hope Erik will keep running 5K's with me and hopefully, when he is eventually faster than me, I will be able to run with one of the other kids.






No comments: